At Connections365, we work to bring healing to youth and families through various behavioral health services including treatment foster care, mentoring, outpatient mental health and residential care.
We are currently hiring full-time (32 hours/week) residential direct care staff who will be working with up to five young men ranging in age from 15-25 that are on probation or parole. Direct Care Providers work alongside youth providing skill building, supervision, behavioral interventions, and daily care and support. Residential Direct Care Staff must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
If you are right for this position:
• You have a bachelor- or higher-level degree in a behavioral sciences field, or a combination of formal education and experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth.
• You have a genuine passion to help people. You are not intimidated by difficult behaviors, rather you see people for who they were created to be and not for the circumstances that brought them to our program.
• You can manage and deescalate highly dysregulated individuals by utilizing appropriate therapeutic interventions and responding with emotional intelligence.
• You have a working knowledge of dysfunctional families, youth offender behavior and the strength-based techniques necessary to provide a safe, structured living environment conducive to healing.
• Recognizing the value of diversity and the importance of gender- and culturally-specific services, you can adapt your methods and approach to be effective for each unique individual.
• You are a team player. Understanding the necessity of staff presence and cohesiveness, you are professional, reliable and flexible.
• You are a positive role model committed to upholding agency values and to encouraging the positive development of youth.
• You have good written and verbal communication skills and can produce professional documentation.
• You are able to provide sight and sound supervision for up to five young men ranging in age from 15-25.
• You have a valid Oregon driver’s license, personal auto liability insurance, and a driving record that permits coverage under the agency’s corporate auto liability so that you can transport youth as needed.
• You can begin on-site work within 3 weeks of a job offer.
You can download a copy of the job application by clicking here: Employment and Volunteer Application
To submit your job application materials, please send to our HR Coordinator and it will be shared with the appropriate hiring manager.
You may also mail your application materials to us, or drop it off in person, at: 4890 32nd Ave. SE Salem, OR 97317