Due to the current pandemic, most of the Connections365 mentoring services have been suspend. Once we can safely resume serving youth and families in this capacity, we will recommence recruitment of Youth Mentors.
Mentors work one-on-one and occasionally in group settings to teach and develop pro-social skills, provide support during challenging behaviors, and connect youth with community resources. Our youth range in age from 8 to 18, have various mental health diagnoses, and experience moderate to intense behaviors. It is Connection365’s goal to help each client successfully reach their individualized treatment goals and realize their potential.
If you are right for this position:
• You have a bachelor level degree in a behavioral sciences field, or three years of a combination of relevant education and experience.
• You have a genuine passion to help people. You are not intimidated by difficult behaviors, rather you are able to interpret the message behind the behavior and utilize appropriate strength-based, therapeutic interventions.
• You can provide sight and sound supervision and observation of youth to help keep them safe.
• You can demonstrate competence in building and maintaining working relationships with youth and families needing intensive services and/or out-of-home placement and help them replace negative behaviors with new coping/social skills.
• You have a working knowledge of implementing treatment plan goals and objectives and of planning for, and implementing, contact with community resources on behalf of clients.
• As one member of the youth’s treatment team, you are actively engaged in providing feedback and suggestions, seeking input, and executing the team’s decisions.
• Recognizing the value of diversity and the importance of gender- and culturally-specific services, you can adapt your methods and approach to be effective for each unique individual.
• You are professional, reliable, and a positive role model committed to upholding agency values and to encouraging the positive development of youth.
• You have good written and verbal communication skills and can produce professional documentation of a client’s progress or regression.
• You have access to a reliable vehicle, a valid Oregon driver’s license, personal auto liability insurance, and a driving record that permits coverage under the agency’s corporate auto liability insurance so that you can transport youth.
• You are a minimum of 21 years of age.
• You are available and willing to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as needed.
You can download a copy of the job application by clicking here: Employment and Volunteer Application
To submit your job application materials, please send to our HR Coordinator and it will be shared with the appropriate hiring manager.
You may also mail your application materials to us, or drop it off in person, at: 4890 32nd Ave. SE Salem, OR 97317